Sooo I apologize for being MIA lately. I’ve haven’t been feeling inspired. This post will just be a little hodge podge of what’s been going on lately.
1. Right now, I’m sitting to a CLE (Continuing Legal Education) conference call on legal ethics and malpractice…. I know you’re jealous but just contain yourselves. I’ve got another two hours of this baby. I have to have 15 hours a year but needed 3 hours of ethics before Sept 20th-ish. So it’ll be nice to get this out of the way.
2. Last weekend, I helped KK move out of her apartment. It went pretty smoothly. I’m waiting for the phone call to help her move into the next one. Poor girl has a time gap of almost 2 weeks. I got some delicious Don Taco and some nice quality time with the family. I look forward to the next trip.
3. I’m thinking about signing up for a 10k in Chicago on Labor Day weekend. I know for a fact there’s no way that I can run just over 6 miles without stopping…but I like a challenge. Plus, Nike is sponsoring, which means I get a cook Nike Dri Fit shirt as well as a free ticket to the Fall Out Boy concert at Soldier Field, immediately following the race.
4. Our August weekends are filling up. This weekend I hope will be quiet and at home. The weekend of the 9th/10th, Collin’s friend might be coming down from Chicago with his wife and we’re all going to Six Flags. The 16th (my bro’s bday), we’re having dinner with a girl that Collin works with and her husband. The 23rd/24th, my brother/jenny and the baby(!) are coming to visit and we’re going to a Cardinals game. The weekend after that is the potential race in Chicago… whew… we’re busy ppl!
5. The other day I came home from work and found an eerie letter sitting in my mailbox from the City of St. Louis. I was cautious as I opened because I knew what I’d find inside: JURY DUTY! I’ve lived in the City for less than a year and they managed to find me. On August 18th, I’ll be sitting with St. Louis’s finest citizens waiting for my name to be called (or more likely not to be called). At least I get the nice $12 fee for sitting and reading all day long.
6. I’ve been delayed about posting about this because I didn’t want to jinx anything. collin and I joined a gym just a block away from our house. It’s a specialized gym that focuses on boxing. They have bags, mitts, etc for boxing but just no ring. We’ve been going to classes twice a week and on the days we don’t go, I get up in the morning and run on the treadmill. This is our third week so I feel a little ok about telling people. I was afraid I’d be all gung ho about it and then the next week I’d stop going for some reason.
So…I think that’s about it… hopefully this week will be better for blogging.